|Professional Member of the Year 2017-18||AWARD: One (1) $1500 Award (subject to change)
Award recipients will be selected based on a combination of the following criteria:
• NSBE Professional Service and Involvement (Chapter, Regional, and/or National)
• Fulfillment of the NSBE Mission and the Professional Vision
• Community Service (within and outside NSBE)
• Recommendation letters (min. 2 letters)
Nominees should be selected by a person who believes that he/she deserves to be Professional
Member of the Year. The person making the nomination may select more than one nominee.
• You may nominate yourself however at least one recommendation letter must come from
a Professional Chapter Officer, a Regional or National Professional Executive Board
• Minimum of 2 recommendation letters must be submitted.
• All nominees must be national and local (if applicable) paid NSBE Professional
• The application must be submitted online via NSBE GTA Application
|PCI Male Student of the Year 2017-18||High school senior that has shown promise in science, math or engineering. Based on GPA, coursework, school activities, letters of recommendation. This award is accompanied by a scholarship. Verifiable acceptance into engineering/math science program at an accredited college or university is required.
• Must have an equivalent of 3.0 grade point average or higher (4.0 scale)
• Must demonstrate leadership activities
• Must demonstrate involvement in community
• Must demonstrate participation in pre-college initiative activities
• Must demonstrate interest in engineering, technology, math or science
• Must be a member or participant in a math, science or technology related extracurricular activity
• Must provide documentation of accomplishments
|International Academic Leadership Award 2017-18||Awarded to an individual who demonstrates excellence in support of academics on an international level. This individual is a leader and a strong support of NSBE internationally.
- Must demonstrate activities supporting NSBE’s mission
- Must demonstrate participation in an education program designed to benefit international students.
- Must be a faculty member at an international institution of higher learning
- Must indicate scope of commitment to the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields
- Must provide documentation of accomplishments
Must demonstrate positive impact on campus activities